Saturday, March 19, 2011

Honeymoon Granola

This recipe was shared by my friend, Dawn. Every time I make it, it's different. I have fun experimenting with the nuts and dried fruit I use. Try your own versions. This is a great snack for long drives, thus the reason I have it out, today. Getting ready to send Cristin on her last (hopefully) drive down to Charleston; just 5 more weeks of classes at CSU - Woohoo!


Honeymoon Granola

3 cups old fashioned oats
1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup chopped pecans
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup dried fruit (I use 1 cup raisins and 1 cup dates)
¼ cup shelled sunflower seeds
½ cup nonfat dried milk powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup water
¼ cup honey or maple syrup (maple syrup makes it sweeter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 275F. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Whisk oil, water, honey, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well. Place on baking sheet and bake until granola is golden and crunchy. (approximately 55-60 minutes), stirring frequently. Makes a large batch. Store in airtight container.

** I have experimented with sliced almonds and Craisens – yummy, too!


From “Wisdom’s Gate – An Encouraging Word” 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment