Friday, November 26, 2010

MaryAnn's Pumpkin Pie

This recipe was given to me by our "BEST EVER" neighbors, Mary Ann and Dale Wiskur on Holloway Reservoir in Columbiaville when we were first married. I had hosted a harvest party for our Sunday School class and ended up having a bunch of sugar pumpkins left over. When I didn't know what to do with them, MaryAnn suggested I cook them, and freeze the pulp for baking throughout the year. She also gave me this best Pumpkin Pie recipe! I think of you whenever I make this recipe, MaryAnn!

MaryAnn's Pumpkin Pie
2 C           pumpkin
1 C           canned evaporated milk
1/4 C       brown sugar
1/4 C       sugar
1/4 C       molasses
3               eggs
1/2 tsp.   salt
1 Tbsp     flour
2 tsp.       pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp.   cinnamon

Place all ingredients in blender and mix. Pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake at 325 F for 45-60 minutes or until done. Check with toothpick. YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment