Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dad's Cookies

Craig called from his tree stand announcing that he was missing something very important - COOKIES! *GASP!* I didn't have the usual chocolate chips so I whipped up some "Dad's Cookies" to keep him stocked for the rest of the week.

I couldn't help but think of Gramps, Papa, and Big Grandpa Knable - so many good memories. I also thought of Granny, as I followed her hand-written recipe, and Nonna - remembering my "Dad's Cookies" mishap: I had copied Granny's recipe, but forgot to copy the flour. The next time I made the cookies, we had a doughy, gooey mess in the bottom of the oven! :-D

Dad's Cookies
(Granny Knable/Aunt Geri?)

1 C shortening
2 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp soda
2 C flour
2 C oatmeal
2 C coconut

Cream shortening, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Add coconut and oatmeal. Make balls size of walnuts. Thumb print and fill with jelly.

Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.

ENJOY! Yummmy! (Milk or coffee a must!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment