Monday, October 29, 2012

Beef and Green Peppers

This is a favorite from Nonna and I thought of it when we were given a bag of green peppers I wanted to use fresh instead of chopping and freezing them. I'm so glad I did!

Brown:
1 # round steak (I used venison chops)
2 Tbsp oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
salt and pepper to taste

Stir in:
2 Cups Beef Bouillon
Sliced onion
Sliced green peppers

Mix together:
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 Cup water
1/4 Cup Red Wine
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce

Slowly stir into meat mixture until thickened.

Serve over rice.

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember you ever making this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, but not often. Dad is not a big fan of "oriental" dishes. (Soy sauce and such)It's been a long time since I've made it and it was really tasty. :)

      Delete